You can expect more than just a place to relax in between classes or catch up on sleep – living here is an opportunity to engage others, learn in the community, and thrive in downtown Raleigh.
That’s why we have a three-year residency requirement. Learning and living in a diverse community of peers on campus is a transformative experience that will prepare you for a successful career and life.
Immerse Yourself in Our Living Spaces
It’s near impossible to experience an actual dorm room or dining hall without visiting them. Not at WPU. Get comfy and sit yourself right in the middle of all the action.
For optimal experience, wear VR headset; YouTube app required on mobile and tablet.
Residence Hall Information
- Davidson Hall
- Finley Hall
- Frazier Hall
- Ross Hall
Our four residence halls designated for first-year students have double-rooms and suite-style bathrooms. Single unit rooms are available; however, are available on a first-come-first served basis and are limited.
Every residence hall includes common areas, free basic cable, wired and wireless internet access and free laundry. Resident Assistants are assigned to each hall to assist students.
Upperclassmen and Transfer Students
- Bingham Hall – A cottage style community where students live in a double-bedroom with a suite-style bathroom. Students share an adjoining living room and kitchen space with their cottage mates.
- Main Hall – Centrally located on campus right across from the historical WPU Fountain. Students of Main live in double or single-space bedrooms and have community-style bathrooms.
- Vie @Raleigh (more information below)
- Ross Hall Double Room – 19 x 14
- Finley Hall Double Room – 11 x 18
- Davidson Hall Double Room – 19 x 14
- Main Hall Single Room – 12 x 9
- Main Hall Double Room – 12 x 18
- Frazier Hall Room – 18 x 13
William Peace University requires all first-year, sophomore, and junior students to live on campus or university-affiliated housing.
The Vie @Raleigh
The Vie provides students with a true apartment-style living experience. Located 15 miles from campus, WPU students are shuttled to and from the Vie seven (7) days per week (excluding campus breaks).
Students live in single-unit bedrooms and share a living room, kitchen, and bathroom with their apartment mates. The Vie also offers additional amenities such as a fitness center, yoga studio, computer lab, and swimming pool.
The Vie is treated as on-campus housing, so Resident Assistants are assigned to each building to assist students. A full-time WPU staff member also lives at the apartment complex.
Life is better when you’re secure. That’why your safety is one of our top priorities. Below, you’ll find some of the precautions we take as an institution to ensure that you’re always safe and sound:
- Locked residence halls 24/7
- WPU Emergency Notification Systems
- Emergency Call Boxes throughout campus (inside/out)
- Campus patrols and walking escorts across campus after dark
- PacerAlerts – short, informative text messages sent to every subscribed student’s cell phone in case of emergencies
- 24/7 cameras in all public areas