What is the PacerCard?
The PacerCard is the William Peace University ID card. It’s your campus ID that is also a Fifth Third Bank Reloadable Prepaid Mastercard®.
Card functions include the following:
- Photo ID
- Library card
- Select residence hall access
- Meal plans and Dining Bucks
- ATM withdrawals (1)
- Mastercard® debit card transactions (1)
- How do I set up and activate the Prepaid Mastercard® functionality of my PacerCard?To set up the Prepaid Mastercard® functionality of your PacerCard you will need to meet with a Fifth Third Bank representative. This can be at a campus event or at any Fifth Third location. The representative will create a profile and account at the bank to connect the Prepaid Mastercard® functions to your PacerCard. Once you have set up your PacerCard with the bank, you will need to call 866-452-8484 and follow the prompts to activate the card. You will select a PIN at that time.
- Is there a monthly charge for activating my Prepaid MasterCard®?No. There is no monthly service charge if you choose to activate your PacerCard with the Prepaid Mastercard® functionality.
- Is there a charge to use my PacerCard at a Fifth Third Bank ATM?No. There are no service charges for making withdrawals with your PacerCard at Fifth Third Bank ATMs. For your convenience, there is a Fifth Third Bank ATM on campus. Additional fee-free ATM locations can be found at 53.com/atm.
- Can I use my PacerCard at a non-Fifth Third Bank ATM?Yes. Your PacerCard can be used at any ATM. You will incur a $2.75 per transaction fee from Fifth Third Bank to use another banks ATM. In addition, for any non-Fifth Third Bank transactions, the owner of the ATM may charge an additional fee as well. Visit 53.com/atm to find locations to more than 50,000 fee-free ATMs nationwide.
- Where can I use my PacerCard for purchases?Once the Prepaid Mastercard® portion of your PacerCard is activated, your PacerCard can be used anywhere Mastercard® is accepted, even online.
- Can my PacerCard be used as a credit card?No. The card can be used anywhere Mastercard® is accepted for debit transactions. Only funds loaded to the card can be used for purchases. There is no line of credit attached to this card.
- How do I connect my PacerCard to my student account?Once the Prepaid Mastercard® portion of your PacerCard is activated you can use the Routing Number and Account Number provided at account opening to set up a transfer to the card. This can be completed online by visiting http://mypacernet.peace.edu, and click: WebAdvisor for Students> Financial Information> Bank Information (U.S.). Then input the account and routing information that was provided when the account was set up with Fifth Third Bank.
This is not the number on the front of the card.
- Can I use my PacerCard to spend surpluses from my student account?You may elect to direct deposit any refunds due from your student account to your PacerCard once you have activated the Prepaid Mastercard® functions. This is one of many options offered to students for receiving any type of direct deposit.
- How do I check my Prepaid Mastercard® balance on my PacerCard?You can check your balance in the following ways:
- By using the Fifth Third Mobile Banking App (2)
- Through a balance inquiry at a Fifth Third ATM
- Through Internet Banking at 53.com
- By calling 866-452-8484 and pressing 1 for balance inquiry
- By setting up a mobile text alert (2)
- By inquiry at any Fifth Third Bank location
- Will William Peace University have the ability to view my spending history or the account balance of my PacerCard?No. Your account information is confidential, and Fifth Third Bank takes necessary steps to ensure your account information is protected.
- Does William Peace University share my personal information with Fifth Third Bank?No. Fifth Third Bank receives no personal information from William Peace University.
- What should I do if my PacerCard is lost or stolen?If lost or stolen, follow the campus process for reporting lost/stolen IDs by contacting WPU Public Safety at 919-833-2277. Also, call Fifth Third Bank at 866-452-8484 to have the card blocked. After you receive your replacement PacerCard from the University, contact Fifth Third by calling 866-452-8484 or visit any Fifth Third location to activate your new card and transfer any remaining funds.
- If I am under 18 years of age, do I have to have an adult on the Prepaid Mastercard® account with me?Yes. If you are under the age of 18, Fifth Third Bank does require that you have a joint owner that is 18 years of age or older on the Prepaid Mastercard® account. You will need to open your Prepaid Mastercard® account in person with the joint owner present at the time of account opening. The closest Fifth Third location to campus is 2501 Blue Ridge Road, Suite 150, Raleigh, NC 27067.
- How can I load money onto my Prepaid Mastercard®?
- Direct deposit
- ACH deposit
- Cash deposit at any Fifth Third location
- Check deposit at any Fifth Third location
- In-person transfer from a Fifth Third checking or savings account at Fifth Third Bank
- Online transfer from a Fifth Third checking or savings account via mobile app or 53.com
- Cash load at any Fifth Third Bank ATM
- Use the Mastercard® rePower™ network at participating Western Union and Green Dot locations (3). Click here to find nearest location
- How can family members load money to the Prepaid Mastercard® account on my PacerCard?A deposit to the Prepaid account can be made at any Fifth Third Location by anyone, provided they know the account holder’s full name and full card number. Also, students may set up their Prepaid Mastercard® account as a joint account with a family member. See previous question for owners less than 18 years of age. A family member that is a joint owner would be able to transfer directly from other Fifth Third accounts including check or savings via the Mobile App2 or online through 53.com.
(1) Available when Prepaid Mastercard® is activated. Fifth Third Bank Prepaid Mastercard® activation is not required to use as a student ID. You will incur a $2.75 per transaction fee from Fifth Third Bank to use another bank ATM. When you use an ATM not owned by us, you may be charged an additional fee by the ATM operator or any network used (and you may be charged a fee for a balance inquiry even if you do not complete a fund transfer). In addition, see FAQ question: Can I use my PacerCard at a non-Fifth Third Bank ATM? Other fees and restrictions may apply. See banker for details.
(2) Mobile Internet data and text message charges may apply. Please contact your mobile service provider for details. Subject to Digital Services User Agreement.
(3) Additional Information about loading the Card through the Mastercard® rePower™ network: Many retail merchants throughout the United States accept Mastercard® rePower™. The retailer will support one of two reloading methods: (a) card swipe method in which the Card is swiped and the cash is added onto the Card or (b) purchase a Green Dot MoneyPak® and follow the instructions listed on the materials. Additional load fees charged by the retailer may apply. You may find a Mastercard® rePower™ network location by visiting www.mastercard.us/cardholder-services/repower-locator.html.
Mastercard® is a registered trademark of Mastercard® International Incorporated.
Fifth Third Bank, National Association. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender.