You’ll always have us.
Lifetime access to Career Services is just one benefit of graduating from WPU. Whether you just walked across stage and are searching for that first job, or you’re an alumni looking for a new career, we’ve got you covered.
Our staff is here to help you with job search leads, networking, job postings, and career coaching.
We also offer free career assessment tools to help you learn about yourself and figure out your options. Various tests and exercises can help organize your thoughts and give you clarity on your interests, skills, values and personality. A Career Services staff member will discuss your goals with you, provide one or more career assessments, discuss the implications and help you figure out next steps.
Explore Career Assessments Available Online
- FOCUS 2FOCUS 2 will guide you through a reliable career and education decision making model and will help you choose a major and make informed decisions about careers. FOCUS 2 combines 5 self-assessments, career and major exploration, action planning and decision making in one comprehensive on-line assessment.
Contact us for the access code and to assist you in interpreting your results.
- The Career Liftoff® Interest Inventory (CLII)The Career Liftoff Interest Inventory assesses the career interests of individuals and compares them to the interest profiles of various career fields. Respondents indicate the extent to which they enjoy performing a wide range of activities. Students have a high likelihood of being satisfied in a career field if their interest scores are high in that CLII career field.
Contact us to set up your user ID and Password.
- Myers-Briggs Type IndicatorThis assessment helps you understand your personality type and how your personality preferences might impact your career choices. This widely-used assessment in business and industry also gives you insight on how to work with others with different personality styles.
- Values ClarificationA staff member can talk with you to determine your values and how they fit with a career. Family, money, travel and lifestyle are some of the values that impact career satisfaction. Values are also the motivators for you to find a meaningful career that satisfies you and the lifestyle you aspire to have one day.
Make an appointment with a career staff member today to take an assessment and explore your possibilities! We look forward to helping you.
- Distance Career CounselingCareer counseling isn’t just for young people looking for a career direction. Students and alumni of any age can benefit from some help in subsequent steps of career planning, such as:
- Navigating Career Transitions
- Preparing for Advancement Opportunities
- Making Career Changes
In order to accommodate the counseling needs of students and alumni who are not available to come to campus, WPU has added an innovative new tool to our repertoire: Zoom.
Career Services counselors are now using Zoom, a secure video conferencing program, to confer with those who live outside of the Raleigh area.